Thursday, November 28, 2013

Thanksgiving vacation and new mom series

I started a new piece tonight.  Thanksgiving vacation starts and I have four days off from teaching. That means: stay up late and create, sleep in late, spend a little time with family, maybe do a little cleaning around the house.  I said maybe. 
This is my first layer of collage, tomorrow I will add color. Not sure what I like about this picture.  The first thing is that it is a picture of my Mom.  The figure of my Mom reminds me of the paper dolls I used to cut out when I was little.  I loved sitting for hours cutting paper...guess I still do.  I also am attracted to the stairs. They remind me of a path.
My goals for the next four days:  work on this piece, post picture of my hand stitched fiber moon I have been working on, work on my hand stitched fiber moon piece, dye some silk fabric, paint some paper lace, work on landscape quilt  and work on two functional quilts!  I love lists... let's see what I goals I complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment