Sunday, November 10, 2013

My first post!  Starting a blog has been running through my mind the past year.  Like all things if I don't get it down on canvas, paper, fiber or fabric it is gone for another time; floating in and out of my brain.  

So today, November 10, 2013 I am starting my blog.

Today on my daily sunset walk I was listening to my music, mind a million miles away, when this elderly woman grabbed my arm and stopped me.  I wasn't sure what she wanted so I took out my ear buds.  She asked, "What color is the sun?"  Now I wasn't sure why she asked this question, but I proceeded to describe it in colors I would use to paint it.  Once I did the woman's face lit up.  She asked me if I saw blue in the sun.  I first said no but as I stared at it the center  it did look blue.  She explained to me she has glaucoma and it is hard for her to see.  We talked, I told her I would see her again and describe the next sunset, as they are never the same.  This time instead of a visual painting I created a verbal painting for her to see. 

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Jude! Your site has inspired me. I just posted something with a link to your page. I hope that is ok I have to go back to make sure I did it correctly.

      Delete
  2. love your profile pic, look forward to seeing more of your art!
    (have hopped over here from Jude's What If-ing )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Vicky, so good you started a blog. Its nice to share your art.
    Hope to see more of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, I will be posting some of the work that Jude has inspired me to create. Or should I say all of my beginnings:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. the cloth of course, i love, but, ohhhh. the painting. the painting. the painting.
    am here from Jude
    happy you are going to keep track of yourself by blog. it works well for that.
    grace

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yes, the painting! And I do love the story of describing color to the woman with glaucoma. Looking forward to seeing more.

    ReplyDelete
  7. here via Jude
    what a tender first post!

    ReplyDelete