Monday, November 11, 2013




My Fascination with Moons
I have always been fascinated with the moon since childhood.  Only this past year has the moon started appearing in my artwork.  The top painting is part of my "Night Series"acrylic/mixed media work.  Night Series started last winter late at night, my favorite time to work.  It has continued in my paintings on and off this past year.

This summer I discovered online a wonderful teacher and artist, Jude Hill http://spiritcloth.typepad.com/ (hope I linked this right, I'm new)
I signed up for several of her classes and she started me on my hand stitching fiber journey.  Thus the bottom moon.  Check out Jude's moons they are wonderful.  My moon stitching has melded into my love of the ocean and I have many pieces I am working on and will post at a later time.

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your new blog. Lovely painting and (especially) lovely stitching. So many possibilities with that moon theme.
    best, nadia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nadia, do you have the blog with the tree?
      As a child my grandmother told me the moon was following me. I believed her because every time I looked out the window I could see it. It has been very dominant in my art this past year.

      Delete
  2. many moons
    many posts
    love your painting too

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your mixed media painting. I, too, am fascinated with the moon. Some evenings, I stand outside and stare at it. It's amazing how many different images you can see after awhile. (stopped over from What-ifing)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jude's site was what inspired me to start hand stitching and blogging!

      Delete
  4. love your moon. Jude and others have gotten me into moons as well. i now have lots of hand dyed moons by putting cloth over the opening of a tin can. good luck with your new blog. you're off to a great start.

    ReplyDelete
  5. rings around the moon are nice.

    ReplyDelete