Sunday, January 12, 2014

Three takes on flowers


What did I tell you, I'm in a flowery kind of mood.  Yesterday I spent the day at a workshop with my Westside Quilters LA group. www.westsidequilterslosangeles.org/
The workshop was with Jean Impey.  To prep for the class she had us cut out individual flowers from as many different fabrics as we could and when we arrived we could swap fabrics from others.  What I found out from this project was I love cutting things out, maybe why I love collage, mixed media, and quilting. I have not started quilting on this piece and I may change it for the hundredth time.  The picture below is phase one.  The picture above is phase two.  Not sure I am happy with it.  May do some more rearranging tonight.  Then I can sew everything down and quilt it.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Vicki. What a cool project and you're group sounds exciting as well. Thanks for visiting me--I was delighted to find your blog!
    best, nadia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nadia, I love your blog. I am so amazed with your wing piece. Glad you found mine. I am waiting for Jude to open Diaries again.
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete