Friday, January 27, 2017

Painting/Remembering Series

For the past month I have been getting ready for a new show.  When I first heard the name of the exhibit, Family, Friends, and Pets, I thought, "I don't have anything to enter, my work is all about my walks by the Sea.  I looked through my work I have ocean paintings in oil and acrylic, seaweed, mixed media by the sea, hand stitched abstract pieces, hand stitched fiber pieces...seagull.  Could that possibly be my pet seagull?  I see it every time I go to the beach...well I see seagulls.  OK that's one piece I could try to enter.

Recently, I started cleaning our closet and under the bed and found old photographs of family members.  There were pictures of my great grandfather, great grandmother, great aunts, grandparents, parents and other people that I am not sure who they are.  Thus my new series, Remembering has started.   

 Here is one of the pieces which will be in the Family, Friends, and Pets show at the 
Blue 7 Gallery, Opening January 29-February 25

Remembering Series-Frank
Mixed Media/Acrylic, paper, organza on panel board

No comments:

Post a Comment